Tuesday, December 16, 2008
King Cobra Bite
It happened again on the afternoon on Oct. 26. 2008, when our long-time volunteer and snake expert Albert Killian, was cleaning out the cage of a thirteen foot Malaysian King Cobra (Ophiophagus Hannah). The deadly venomous snake bit Albert in his forearm and kept holding on for a few seconds to chew it’s venom into its victim. Albert was immediately taken to the Homestead Hospital where he received more than 30 vials of anti-venin. The press showed up only thirty minutes later at the hospital but unfortunately Albert was incapable of giving any interviews right away. Nevertheless, he gave nonstop interviews the day after until leaving the hospital five days later. Albert went back to his beloved trailer to find a badly needed rest from both - snakes and people.